2019 – 2021
Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
In a workshop about “How designers pay their rent. Or: the fun of going to work” by Victoria Kure-Wu and Kati Szilágyi I wrote down how I want to work. This leads to a manifesto in ten points.
- My ambition is always to create something never seen before.
- I accept 50 percent of my assignments out of conviction and 50 percent for financial reasons.
- The attitude of my professional environment must correspond to the general social consensus of ethics.
- The uncertainty of being self-employed is my motivation to achieve the best possible result.
- I only work with people who share my values and have a certain expertise.
- Creative work I do in the evening hours, logical work I do in the early morning hours.
- I work on organisational tasks every morning, if possible in less than an hour.
- Every seven years I change my professional activity.
- The start and end of work are indicated by a ritual.
- This manifesto is not valid.